I'm a bit bored and uninspired to write at the moment: So I just dug out some classic black and white photos - they all represent something (to me) so maybe they qualify as 'iconic'. They don't really need explanations but here they are anyway:
• Michael Parks as Bronson. Two wheedled knight errant on a quest.
• Girl On A Motorcycle. French art-house. A girl on a bike. Nuff said.
• My Sigung: Wong Shun Leung. The bad boy of 1950's Hong Kong.
• Miners' strike 1984-5. A defining moment of my youth.
• Easyrider. I always identify more with Billy than Wyatt.
• Steve McQueen. Simply the coolest movie star. Ever.
• Teamsters' strike 1934. For once the cops are on the receiving end.